Microsoft Azure for WMS
As you might expect, Microsoft's cloud platform Azure is a power platform to deliver the next wave of technology to warehouse management solutions like WithoutWire.
The WithoutWire Warehouse Management System can be configured in a variety of ways to meet your needs. Below, we’ve documented the user managed options that can be controlled from the WithoutWire web console.
- Item Tracking Levels: There are four options for item tracking levels.
- Item: These are standard item types. They are tracked as item numbers with barcodes/sku’s and quantity
- Item & Lot Number: Items will be tracked with lot numbers for all items that are marked as Lot Tracked. These items can be identified by item number/SKU barcodes and a separate lot number, or what we refer to as ItemLot combo barcodes. These can be generated from the web console and allows users to scan once versus twice.
- Item & Expiration Date: Items can be tracked with expiration dates. The expiration date can be auto populated based on shelf life, manually entered, or barcode scanned.
- Item & Serial Number: This item type requires that each item number/sku has a maximum of 1 quantity per serial number. Serial numbers can be duplicate if they are associated with different item numbers.
- Auto Populate Expiration Dates: WithoutWire will store a shelf life for items that are expiration tracked. When the item is brought into inventory the user will not have to enter the expiration date it will be auto-calculated by taking the current system date and adding the shelf life as number of days.
- Edits to Auto Populated Dates: If you have choose to auto-populate the expiration dates in the system this field will dictate if the end user can override the auto-populated field or not.
- Product On Hold If Expiring In: If this value is set the system will automatically place the product on hold that number of days before it is expired. Once on hold the product cannot be picked or used in manufacturing.
Mobile App Settings
- Enable Wave Set Orders: Allows users to create wave sets for picking. A wave set is the ability to combine multiple orders into a single work set, to implement a QA process or pick and pack scenario in the warehouse.
- Wave Set Post Pick Action:
- Auto Allocation: The inventory picked during the wave set pick will be allocated against the child orders automatically upon completion of the wave pick. This setting is most often used when picking multiple orders with similar items and shorting picks is rare and there is no need for separation at the point of shipping.
- Two Step Pick: Identifies that when the wave set is complete it will be staged and then each child order will have to be picked individually. Most often used for either QA or pick and pack processes.
- Auto-Assign Child Orders: This option is only available when the Wave Set post pick Action is set to “Two Step Pick”. Then checked the child orders that make up the wave set will be automatically assigned once the wave set order is complete.
- Disallow Full License Plate Picks: When set the end user will not be able to pick a full LP. They will be required to scan each item from the LP. Full LP picks are useful when you often have containers that have mixed product or mixed lot numbers. Customers who track serial numbers often choose to not allow full LP picks.
- Allow Picker to Override Staging Location: Each order is stamped with a default staging location based on the route/group it is associated with. This setting will allows pickers to choose where to stage the order by scanning any valid staging location.
- Require LP Scan During Picking: When true requires the picker to scan the LP for each item picked. If left off the system will generate the LP in the background and the picker will have no knowledge of its existence.
- Picking Location Priority: FIFO/FEFO can be used when lot tracking or expiration date tracking is enabled. FIFO (first in first out) for lot tracked items and FEFO (first expired first out) for expiration tracked items. Both of these are suggested pick locations and can be overridden by the user. Primary bin picking sets singular pick locations for each item in the warehouse and will send the picker to that location every time. Replenishment processes are then used to restock the primary bin.
- Post Pick Action:
- Auto Ship: at the completion of picking an order, the order will be shipped immediately at completion of picking.
- Auto-Stage: at the completion of picking an order, the order will be staged by the picker and shipped at a later time.
- Prompt: at the completion of picking an order, the picker will be prompted whether the order should be shipped or staged. For orders that are split into multiple containers only the final container can be shipped or prompted, all other containers will be staged.
- Disable Pick List and Require Order Scan to Start: Instead of being shown a list of orders available to pick the user would be forced to scan a barcode of the order number or enter it into the device to begin the order.
- Allow User to Unpick Order to a Bin Location: When enabled the user will have the option to easily unpick the entire order to a location in the warehouse. The inventory will stay on the LP it was picked onto.
- Enable Creation of LP in Real Time: During picking this option allows the user be able to create LPs from the device during the pick process. If disabled, all LPs need to be created in advance. Note: If Require LP Scan During Picking is enabled, than users will not be still be generated behind the scenes.
- Enable LP Affinity:During picking should the user be required to scan the LP after each pick or once the LP has been established should each additional pick go to that LP automatically. This option is used in conjunction with Require LP Scan During Picking.
- Allow Staging Partial Picks: Allows users to stage an order that has not been picked to completion. The order will then be available for another picker to work on. The picked inventory will stay with the order and not be available to other processes in WithoutWire. When the next picker restarts the order the LP’s will be automatically moved from the staging bin into the new pickers WIP bin.
- Restrict Staging to Staging Bins Only: Instead of being able to stage picked orders to any bin location, the user must stage to a designated staging bin.
- Clear Assignments On Partial Stage or Unpick: When an order is unpicked or partial staged should the existing picking assignments be deleted and the order returned to unassigned or should the assignments remain and the order is waiting to be picked.
- Disable Receiving List and Require PO Scan to Start: Instead of being shown a list of purchase orders available to receive the user would be forced to scan a barcode of the purchase order number or enter it into the device to begin the receipt.
Field Service Settings
- Allow Users to Create Inventory in the Field: Using the Manage Parts and Supplies icon should users be able to create inventory and lots or simply adjust existing inventory up and down..
Site Transfer Settings
- Process Transfer Order Using Standard Receiving: Should a transfer PO be available to process through both the normal Receiving icon and the Receive Inventory Icon.