Microsoft Azure for WMS
As you might expect, Microsoft's cloud platform Azure is a power platform to deliver the next wave of technology to warehouse management solutions like WithoutWire.
Receiving on iOS and Android Devices
Receiving is the function which allows the user to process receipts against Purchase Orders (PO’s). It is one of the many ways to introduce new inventory into the system.
- By tapping the Receiving Icon, the user will be prompted with a list of all purchase orders.
- The user can then select orders by tapping or scanning.
- Tapping the “<” icon in the upper left will return the user to the main menu.
2. If the Receiving function was accessed via a method other than tapping its icon, i.e. scanning a Purchase Order Number from the Main Menu, only that Purchase Order will appear; not an entire list as in Step 1. The receiving bin that appears first in alphanumeric order will be the receiving bin. If this bin needs to be modified in any way, begin receiving in the newly updated bin.
3. At this point, the user can start receiving a line by doing one of the following:
- Click on the line you would like to receive
- Scan an item barcode or simply tap on the item you want to receive, and enter in the lot number/serial/expiration date (If applicable based on item type).
- If the configuration setting Receiving.RequireItemScan=True , then you would be required to scan the item barcode of the item you are receiving , as compared to just tapping on the item.
4. If you scan an item barcode and it is not registered with the item, the user can then can use the barcode Acquire feature by swiping the item to the left and scanning that barcode (or typing in that barcode yourself) and associating it with a unit of measure for that item. The user could then add as many as they would like.
5. Once all of the needed receiving details have been scanned or entered, the user can tap the OK button to commit the receive record, tap the Cancel button to cancel this receive record, or tap the Options button to bring up an options menu (see below for more information).
Completing a PO
In receiving, the OK button is always active, and the PO can be completed at any time.
- If no receipts have been made, tapping the OK button will simply exit the screen and return the PO to “Waiting to be received” status.
- If a receipt has been made, tap the OK button to complete the PO. This will finish the PO, and depending on configuration it may remove the PO from the PO list on the handheld, or the PO will be greyed out in the PO list.
Options The options menu can be accessed by tapping the Options button when its available. Below is a list of functions and their descriptions.
- Print Labels – This allows the user to print a product label for the currently selected record.
- Undo – This allows the previous action to be undone, removing the last quantity that was received.
- Damage – This allows the user to specify some of the received quantity to be damaged.
- Move – Also known as Bin Transfer, this allows the user to move the product from the receiving bin to a new location.
- Add Line – This will allow the user to receive another line against the item without going back in to the receive detail screen. Odten used for serialized items.
Rapid Serial Receiving
When receiving a Serial tracked item, the process has become more automated. Once the user has begun receiving in the items detail screen, they will only be required to scan or key in the Serial number. The system will take care of the rest. Once a Serial item has been scanned to receive an item, the line will be completed automatically. This allows the user to continually scan Serial numbers of incoming items without requiring extra steps that would normally slow the process down. Once the last line has been completed, the user will be brought back to the details screen where they will see the refreshed view showing the item has been completely received.