Microsoft Azure for WMS
As you might expect, Microsoft's cloud platform Azure is a power platform to deliver the next wave of technology to warehouse management solutions like WithoutWire.
License Plates Overview
Overview of License Plates
In WithoutWire, a license plate (LP) number is any object that holds items. Although LPs are associated with containers, they do not need to represent a physical entity, such as a box. Thus, you can define an LP as a collection of items. WithoutWire™ enables you to track, transact, and nest LPs.
You can do the following actions with Licence Plates:
· Receive, store, and pick material by LP
· View on-hand balances by LP
· View LP contents
· Use LPs to perform transactions
· Print labels and reports for referencing container contents
· Track nested LPs (for example, cartons on a pallet)
· Pack, unpack, consolidate, split, and update LPs
· Reuse empty LPs
Explaining Multi-level Nesting Support
WithoutWire™ enables you to nest LPs. For example, pallet LP5555 contains three nested LPs: LP5552, LP5553, and LP5554. In the system, you would see LP5555 as the top-level LP, and each of the of the three box LPs would fall under LP5555.
Throughout the License Plates section of the Support Center are several pages that have been created to help familiarize the user with license plates and how they may be setup within the system.
- For information on activate/inactive license plate refer to the Activate/Inactive License Plate page
- To learn about license plate reprint refer to the License Plate Reprint page
- To mass print license plates refer to the Mass LP Print page
- To learn about license plate/hold maintenance refer to the License Plate/Hold Maintenance page