Microsoft Azure for WMS
As you might expect, Microsoft's cloud platform Azure is a power platform to deliver the next wave of technology to warehouse management solutions like WithoutWire.
WithoutWire uses a concept called “Assignments”. Assignments determine the pool of users that have access to work on tasks such as picking. Orders are distributed to the requesting users in a round robin fashion. WithoutWire™ can be setup in two modes:
Auto-Assignment – this configuration automatically assigns new picks to the pool of users who have permissions to pick. Uses with appropriate permissions can unassign from the web console even if auto-assigned is on.
Manual Assignments – this configuration setting requires a user with appropriate permissions to assign picks through the web console.
To Assign Orders
- You can assign Orders by first selecting “Unassigned” in the Order Status dropdown.
- Click the Filter button
- At the next screen select the checkbox beside each order you wish to assign and click on the Assign button
- Select the users you want to assign using the arrows and click the Update button.
This feature is found in the Outbound Tab > Picking Assignments by Order
- Here you select the order you want to assign from the Select Order drop down box.
- Next, select the users you want to assign the order to with the arrows and click the Update button
Quick Tip: You can assign all users or select multiple users to an order. When a user selects the order on the handheld no other user will have access to that order. Having multiple users pick partial orders is possible through the use of zoning.
Assigning by User
This feature is found in the Outbound Tab > Picking Assignments by User
- Here you select the user that has access to the picking functions using the Select User drop down box. (the Security section will explain user access)
- Next, select the Orders to assign to the user using the arrows and click the Update button.
NOTE: View Order Assignment by Picker and View Picking Assignment by Order are links within the assignment screen that allows toggling between the two options.