Knowledge Base of Inventory Science
Read our comprehensive documentation on how to maximize your WithoutWire.
New Features for WithoutWire V8
Version 8, released July 2015, includes enhancements to many areas of the application. New capabilities include:
- WithoutWire has full feature parity for on Android Devices.
- Field Service Consume Parts – WithoutWire now supports a faster more efficient way for field service techs and warehouse personnel to remove or consume inventory for either scrap or against a job and asset or unit in the field.
- Field Service Multi-Site Inventory Lookup – We’ve added the ability to view inventory across the entire eco-system to assist in getting the right parts as efficiently as possible.
- Item Description Main Screen Search – WithoutWire now supports the ability to type in searches against item numbers or item descriptions to drive the Main Screen inventory lookups. This comes in handy when an operator does not have easy access to a barcode for a given item.
- Put for Field Service – The Put function is similar to the move feature. It was designed to eliminate steps when handling the movement of items from a WIP bin. It is designed for field service users, but can also be used in specific warehouse scenarios where operators want to minimize steps in replenishments.
- Get for Field Service – The Get function is similar to the move and put feature. It was designed to eliminate steps when handling the movement of items from a WIP bin. It is designed for field service users, but can also be used in specific warehouse scenarios where operators want to minimize steps in replenishments.
- Black Box MFG FEFO Warning – For clients that are consuming inventory against a manufacturing process that requires the oldest expiring product, we have added a warning that lets the operator know that there is older inventory available for consumption.