ANIMAL FEED INDUSTRY
WithoutWire’s inventory management platform enables your ability to meet strict compliance requirements for the Animal Feed Industry.
Simplify Feed Inventory Management
User-intuitive and real-time data prevents lost inventory.
Manufacturing requires accurate information regarding flow of raw materials and the movement of finished goods. All work orders and jobs are executed with precision and real time inventory movements to track product.
- Expiration dates automatically applied to finished goods based on shelf life configurations.
- Single scan activation of finished good creation and simultaneous back flushing using license plates.
- Prep your work orders by leveraging pick functionality to get the right quantities of raw materials at the right time.
- Utilize customizable replenishment levels to keep common items for manufacturing always readily available.
- Leverage FIFO or require lot scanning to mark items as continuous flow before production begins.
- Reduce package labeling by utilizing license plate barcodes for item numbers, lots, expiration dates or serial numbers.
Maximize Income over Feed Cost
Automation prevents overflow and understocked goods.
With limited labor, make the most of it by optimizing features that keep you growing. Picking is the most important stage in inventory processing science. For most inventory centric companies, the outbound functions are not only where most companies generate their profit, but it’s also the most labor intensive.
- Utilize zones to separate items and allow different individuals to pick them for more efficient simultaneous picks.
- Leverage Wave Sets to combine multiple orders into one pick with the ability to auto-ship or stage for QA checks
- Automatically assign license plates to picks to efficiently bring you through the stage, pack, and ship processes.
- Customize your unique pick process by leveraging over 30 picking configurations to allow you to pick how you want.
- Short, unpick, cancel, or partial pick orders while using a variety of hold statuses and features.
- Assign orders one by one or auto-assign orders to all available pickers.
- Save time and energy with routes that automatically send pickers on the most efficient path across your facility.
- FEFO, FIFO, primary pick, or hybrid models available.
Real-time UOM Conversions from KG to LBS
Multiple UOM capabilities allow for accurate tracking.
For many, the timing of movements for raw materials to manufacturing staging is a big part of high performance. To accomplish this, we provide you a collection of tools to keep things flowing.
- Raw material needs can be seen from the kitting and manufacturing screens ensuring quick action is taken.
- Picks created though the job function will directly stage product to the appropriate manufacturing location.
- Complex moves can be handled via manual bin moves to keep production from ever slowing down.
- Leverage replenishments to keep a stream of constant inventory for very common manufacturing items.
- Utilize multiple UOM conversions to toggle between KG and LBS in real time.
Over Receiving and Over Picking in Multiple UOM
Custom reporting and inventory for feed levels.
The best way to deal with the increased cost associated with lot tracking requirements it is to intelligently manage the process. This is done by avoiding additional labeling during receiving and finished good creation. On the receiving side, leveraging vendor or manufacturer barcodes coming in the door. If that’s not possible, license plate barcodes can be used to meet the traceability requirement without labeling each item.
When it comes to finished goods, license plates and item + lot barcodes are both options that cut down scans. If you’re creating goods with an expiration date, we can automatically set the expiration date if you have item level shelf life settings. Proper planning along with smart item tracking can be the difference between making or losing money.