Assigning Bins to Zones
The Zone/Bin Assignment screen on the web console is designed to set up bins in appropriate warehouse zones within WithoutWire.
Assigning a bin to a zone designates a specific area of the warehouse for that bin. When you assign bins to zones, it is recommended that you utilize the primary bin functionality. (See the Setting up Primary Bins page within the Zones and Bins section for additional information). By utilizing the primary bins and zone/bin assignment, you can drastically increase picking efficiency. The system is designed to allow the user to break up an order by zone and have multiple users pick in multiple zones for that order simultaneously. When a bin is assigned to a zone, it may only be assigned to that one zone within the warehouse.
NOTE: Another option is to Assign Items to Zones see the page within this Zones and Items sections for more information. DO NOT assign both items and bins by zones as the system will not support both types of assignments at once.
This feature is found in the Inventory Operations Tab > Bin Tools > Zone/Bin Assignment
- Select the Zone from the Select Zone drop down box.
- Click on available bins to assign to the selected zone.
- The right facing arrow button allows bin(s) to be moved from the available to the selected bin box.
- The All right facing arrow button allows all bins to be moved from the available to the selected bin box.
- The left facing arrow button allows bin(s) to be moved from the selected bin back to the available box.
- The All left facing arrow button allows all bins to be moved from the selected bin back to the available box.
- Click the Update button to save the changes and assign the bins.
NOTE: Hold the control button down while clicking on bins to select multiple bins to move.