Ultimate DSCSA Compliance for Drug and Pharmaceutical Companies: WithoutWire!
The 2013 Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) aimed to facilitate the exchange of information at the individual package level about where a drug has been in the supply chain and ultimately to:
- Enable verification of the legitimacy of the drug product identifier down to the package level
- Enhance detection and notification of illegitimate products in the drug supply chain
- Facilitate more efficient recalls of drug products
- Track inventory at the lot, expiration or serial level each step of the way, with a time/date stamp for each user that “touches” the product along with e-signature capture at the receiving end.
- Implement traceability one step forward to the customer and one step back to the supplier.
- Customize their inventory with a custom catalog to list only those items their customers will need and save time for their customers when they’re re-ordering critical medication.
- Develop a Backorder Management service to locate limited access medications.
- Allow customers to order individual crash cart item.
- Securely transport and deliver products with 2-day ground service.
- Maintain electronic records of all T3 statements.
- Ensure that all pharmaceutical products are acquired from authentic U.S. sources.
- Use Bar Code technologies to manage inventory, prevent supply chain disruptions, and ensure order accuracy.
- Handle recalls effectively and efficiently.