Knowledge Base of Inventory Science
Read our comprehensive documentation on how to maximize your WithoutWire.
Get is a function in WithoutWire that allows users to take inventory from a location and transfer it to their WIP (Work in Progress) bin.
The Get function is similar to the move feature. It was designed to eliminate steps when handling the movement of items to a WIP bin. It is designed for field service users, but can also be used in specific warehouse scenarios where operators want to minimize steps in replenishments.
The Get function comes with three options:
- Get an individual item from a bin/location to your WIP bin (Item Scan)
- Get all items from a bin to your WIP bin (Bin Scan)
- Get a license plate from a location to your WIP bin (LP Scan)
- Begin by tapping the icon Get from the main screen.
- Scan or Enter an Item, a License Plate, or a Bin you wish to move. Tap the OK button to continue.
- Scan or Enter in all the required information. For Bins and License Plates you don’t need to enter any further information. For items, it may contain Lot, UOM, Quantity, and the from location.
- Review the information, and if all looks correct, Tap the OK button.
- The items will now be in your WIP bin.
Note : If you are moving a Bin, then you will have the ability to review all the inventory in the Bin you are moving by tapping on “View Items”