Glossary of Terms
· Acquire Barcode – a function that allows you to associate an existing item to a new barcode.
· ASN; advance ship notices – container level details for incoming PO’s prior to goods receipt.
· Assign – to appoint a task or duty.
· Back Flush – process of relieving inventory to fulfill finished good BOM.
· Bill of Lading – a list of merchandise being transported with conditions that apply to transporting of the goods.
· Bin – a stationary location marker in the warehouse. See bin types.
· BOM; Bill of Materials – list of raw materials used to manufacture or kit finished goods.
· Console – readouts and displays to monitor WithoutWire
· Customer – entity that you ship your product to.
· ERP system; Enterprise Resource Planning system – software used to integrate accounting and business practices.
· Expiration Date Item Tracking – Expiration Date functionality allows the user to capture expiration dates in a MM/DD/YY format during all processes where inventory can be brought into the system for appropriately configured items.
· FIFO, First In – First Out – Technique for managing inventory, configurable in WithoutWire, utilizing the oldest available item in inventory first. FIFO can be driven by the lot/serial/expiration date creation date if you are tracking non basic item inventory, the serial number creation date for serial tracked items, or the License plate creation date for any type of inventory including non-lot tracked items (basic item types).
· Finished Goods – resulting inventory from manufacturing.
· Integration – system to facilitate communication between WithoutWire and an ERP system.
· Item – product that you receive, track, and ship.
· Kitting – to package a set of items/materials.
· Lot Tracking – used to differentiate between two identical items based on what raw materials were used or time related to creation of an item.
· LP; License Plate – a moveable bin such as a skid, pallet or tote that holds inventory.
· Manufacturing Hold; (Pickable Hold) – Items on a Manufacturing hold can be transferred within warehouse except to a manufacturing bin. Items on a Manufacturing bin can be picked to an order but not until removed from hold.
· Picking – fulfilling sales orders and other types of pick requests.
· Pick Request – Blanket term encompassing a variety of requests for goods. Types of pick requests include sales orders, credit orders, transfers, and manufacturing orders.
· Pick Sequence – used to specify what items should be listed on the pick list, to ensure efficient pick flow throughout the warehouse.
· PO; Purchase Order – a request for goods from a vendor.
· Pocket – a handheld-sized computer.
· Primary Bin – Alternative to FIFO for managing inventory, configurable in WithoutWire, using items from primary bin first.
· QA Hold; (Non Pickable Hold) – Items on a QA hold can be transferred within warehouse except to a manufacturing bin. Items on a QA hold also can not be picked to an order.
· Raw Materials – unprocessed product used in manufacturing.
· Receiving – accepting inbound purchase orders.
· Run Number – unique identifier that can be used to document when a manufacturing process is started.
· Sales Order – A common type of pick request indicating a seller generated request for goods.
· Scrap – unusable or damaged left over material from manufacturing or kitting.
Serial Tracked – each item must have 1 unique serial number. vendors can sometimes use the same serial number, therefore, we allow a different item to have the same serial number. this can be turned off if needed by support.
· Transfer Order – A pick request that is used to transfer product from one logical Warehouse to another.
· Users – workers within a warehouse that have access to WithoutWire on the web or the handhelds.
· Vendor – the company selling product, from ERP system.
· Zone – a collection of Bins within a warehouse, usually grouped in some way.