Scanning Options with Mobile Devices
There are multiple methods to complete barcode scanning from the iOS or Android application.
- The Camera built in to the iOS or Android device
- The Linea Pro Boot Scanner
- The Socket Mobile Socket Scanner
Built in Camera
The built in camera can be accessed by pressing the barcode in the top right corner of the screen.
Linea Pro Boot Scanner (only available for iOS devices)
This scanner(s) can simply be attached to the device and your ready for scanning barcodes. Please follow the user manual instructions if your barcodes are not correctly be read. Please see Linea Pro Compatibility List for a list of iOS devices that work with these scanners
Socket Mobile Socket Scanner
This scanner attaches to devices using a Bluetooth connection, once the device is paired to the device and the application the scanner is ready for use.
How to Add the Socket Scanner to the Device
The Socket Scanner is a Bluetooth enhanced device used for scanning barcodes throughout the warehouse. There are specific instructions depending on whether you are using Android or iOS devices. Please make sure to carefully read the user manual to put the scanner into the correct mode before continuing to pair to the device.
- Turn on Socket Scanner CHS 7Ci , CHS 7Xi
- Follow the instructions of your socket mobile user manual to do a factory reset and scan the setup barcode appropriate for your device found in the manual instructions. (User Manual for CHS 7Ci, 7Di, 7DiRx, and 8Ci)
- Go into settings on your device.
- Turn on the Bluetooth Setting
- The socket scanner name will appear on the screen under devices
- Tap on the device name to pair the socket scanner to your device
- Enter the WoW Application on the device
- Click on the socket scanner icon in the top left margin of the screen
- Highlight the socket scanner name and press ok.
- The socket scanner and WithoutWire application are now paired
- Begin scanning PO’s, Orders, items, bins, or LPs
How to unpair the Socket Scanner from a device
- Power on the Socket Scanner.
- Press and hold down the trigger button. Press and hold down the power button until you hear 3 beeps.
- After you hear 3 beeps, release both buttons. The Socket Scanner will unpair and automatically power off. The next time you power on the Socket Scanner, it will be discoverable.
Barcodes to set Socket Scanner to iOS Mode