Receiving Features on the Web Console
The Inbound Console also known as The Receiving Console is the control center for the receiving process. It allows the user to manage Purchase orders, as well as display information about the POs currently in WithoutWire. After integration imports Purchase Orders from the ERP system, a user can see that they were imported correctly by examining the Receiving Console.
The Console is one of the three (3) Web Locations that exist in the receiving process. While users can assign orders from the Receiving Console (See Filtering POs below), there is also a dedicated page for assigning POs to receivers called Receiving Assignments. No actual receiving can be done on the console. To receive against POs you can use either a handheld device, or use the Process Receipt Web Page.
The Inbound Console allows a user to see many pieces of information related to the POs in WithoutWire. Below is a list of attributes that can be seen, as well as a brief description of each.
- PO Number
- The Unique Number (can include digits and text) WithoutWire™ uses as identification for POs.
- Vendor Name
- The vendor name associated with the PO.
- The total weight of the expected product on the PO.
- Scheduled Delivery
- The expected delivery date of the PO to the warehouse
- The Status Used by WithoutWire to determine if the PO has been completed yet. See Purchase Order Status below.
- Active User
- The user currently working on receiving the PO.
- Percent Complete
- The percentage of product on the PO that has been received so far.
- This is a Link that takes you to a separate page for each PO. IT has a list of the line items and their quantities. See Purchase Order Details below
Purchase Order Status
Each purchase Order is given a status field to allow progress on a receipt to be tracked. When a PO is imported via Integration, it is assigned a status of “Unassigned.” If Auto Assign Orders is configured, then the orders will be assigned to users automatically, and the status of the PO will be set to “Waiting for Receipt.” (See Receiving Overview for more details on Auto Assign Orders).
Below is a list of the PO statuses and what they are used for.
- This state is the only state that allows POs can be assigned to users. This state will be bypassed if Auto-assignment is on.
- Waiting for Receipt
- Receiving in Progress
- Once a user opens up a PO on the handheld and begins to receive product, the PO will change to this status.
- Receiving Complete
- Once the user marks the receipt as complete from the handheld, the system will update the PO to this status
- Exporting In Progress
- Export Complete
The receiving Console Allows users to filter the Purchase orders based on a variety of factors. This allows a manager to easily see which POs were completed around a certain time, which POs have yet to be completed, and a whole bunch of other user defined categories. Below is a list of all the details that can be used to Filter POs.
- Date Range
- WithoutWire™ allows the Inbound Console to be filtered by a date range. This is controlled by a “From” date and a “To” date. Users can set either or both to only show orders before a certain date, after a certain date, or between two dates.
- WithoutWire™ has built in calendars that can be used to visually choose a date, which can be accessed by clicking on the calendar icon next to each field.
- Filter by a certain vendor. Use this combo box to show only one vendor at a time.
- Users can select a status to view to help gauge the amount of POs left in each status.
- If “Unassigned” is selected as the status to filter by, a user can choose which of these POs to assign right from the Receiving Console, without having to navigate to the Receiving Assignments Page. Just check the box next to each order to assign, and click on the Assign button at the bottom of the page.
- Users can enter text to search by as well. The text entered can be searched by one of the following. All POs which contain the text in the chosen field will be selected. This allows for a user to filter by all Vendors that start with “Vend00,” or to find all POs with item “BNL90456.” The following can be used with text filters:
- PO Number
- Item Number
The Inbound Console allows the user to remove any unwanted information from the PO grid. This can be done by selecting which columns to see when the console is filtered. Click on Select Columns to bring up a list of columns. Check the Box next to a column to add it or remove it from view.