Replenish Raw Materials at the Right Time with the Right Lots. Whether using FIFO or FEFO methods to rotate inventory, provide the assurance that your inventory management for manufacturing meets strict compliance requirements.
Inventory Management for Manufacturing Jobs with License Plate Activations
Created for continuous flow or discrete manufacturing scenarios.
Manufacturing relies on accurate information about raw materials and finished goods. Whether you are producing machine parts with serial numbers or consumable food that requires lot or expiration date tracking, manufacturing jobs are executed with optimal scanning and inventory movements.
- Auto-stamp expiration dates based on finished good item shelf life settings.
- Single scan activation of finished good creation and simultaneous back flushing using license plates.
- Integrate picking to prep your manufacturing run with the right amount of inventory at the right time.
- Use replenishments with MIN/MAX levels to keep the process flowing.
- Designate certain items as continuous flow with automatic FIFO selection or require scanning of lots before production begins.
- Print a variety of license plate labels with barcodes for license plate, item numbers, and lots, expiration dates, or serial numbers.
Be ready to pick up the pace when high volumes hit.
You only have so much labor, so make the most of it with optimization features that keep you in the black. Picking is usually the most important process in inventory processing science.
For most inventory centric companies, the outbound side of the inventory is not only where most companies generate their profit, but it’s also the most labor intensive.
- Pick each case and pallet in separate zones by separate individuals for fast parallel picks.
- Combine a set of picks into one wave set with options to auto-ship or move to packing with secondary QA check.
- License plates are automatically assigned during picks for optimal staging, packing, shipping, and site transfer receipts.
- Over 30 picking configurations to help you work the way you want.
- Short pick, unpick cancelled orders, or partially stage picks with a hold status.
- Auto-assign or manually assign orders in round robin fashion.
- Order picks with routes are automatically distributed in reverse stop order.
- FEFO, FIFO, primary pick, or hybrid models.
Without components staged for manufacturing, WIP becomes ZIP.
For many, the timing of movements for raw materials to manufacturing staging is a big part of high performance. To accomplish this, we provide you a collection of tools to keep things flowing.
- View raw material needs directly from the kitting and manufacturing screen so action can be taken quickly.
- Manufacturing Jobs can create picks that direct staging to the appropriate manufacturing location.
- Manual Bin Moves can be used at anytime to handle more complex needs.
- Setup Replenishment MIN/MAX levels for a stream of constant inventory when some materials are very common to a manufacturing process.
Traceability requirements can cost you a lot.
Often the requirement to lot track drives manufacturers to incur much more cost than they anticipate. The best way to deal with it is to intelligently manage the process. This is done by avoiding additional labeling during receiving and finished good creation. On the receiving side, leveraging vendor or manufacturer barcodes coming in the door. If that’s not possible, license plate barcodes can be used to meet the traceability requirement without labeling each case or component.
When it comes to finished goods, license plates and item+lot barcodes are both options that cut down scans. If you’re creating goods with an expiration date, we can automatically set the expiration date if you have item level shelf life settings. Proper planning along with smart item tracking can be the difference between making or losing money.
Production Reporting and Labeling
Gain insights into your plant using Microsoft PowerBI.
WithoutWire has embedded business analytics through reports and our warehouse management dashboard. From our reports menu, managers can view, export, and print their manufacturing reports. For example:
- Manufacturing transaction details by item, lot, and expiration date.
- Recall report for full cradle to grave coverage of what to recall.
- QA Hold Reports.
- Manufacturing jobs that are incomplete.
- Finished good analytics based on user and location.
- Inventory of finished goods based on manufacturing location and associated ship-to destinations.