Bin Transfers (Moves)
The Move function is used when you want to move an Item or a License plate from one location to another.
- Begin by tapping the Move Icon from the main menu. Tapping the “<” icon in the upper left corner will return the user to the Main Menu.
- The user will be greeted with a short note on the first page of this screen that reads: “Scan a Bin if you wish to move all items. To move individual items, scan the item. Scan an LP if you wish to move the LP.” Proceed with one of these options and then tap the OK button to continue.
- Scan or Enter in all the required information. For LPs or Bins this includes just the location, and for items, it may contain Lot, UOM, From, Quantity, and To location.
- Review the information, and if all looks correct, Tap the OK button
- The items will now be in the new inventory location.
NOTE: Item Holds and Bin Transfers
- If you move an item/lot which is on hold into bin with another item/lot that is not on hold, both records keep their status.
- If you move an item/lot which is on hold into a bin where the same item/lot exists, what you move will take that status of what is already there
a. So if what is moving is on hold but what is there is not, it will all be off hold
b. If what is moving is not on hold and what is there is on hold, it will all be on hold
The inventory status is kept at the bin/item/tracking value level, so for each individual record a different status can be kept. The tracking value is used for item’s that are non-basic like lot, serial, expiration date.