Add Manufacturing Job
NOTE: If inventory is depleted prior to activating the license plate, the additional inventory must be transferred to the manufacturing bin assigned to that LP otherwise the bin will run negative or cause an error depending on your configuration settings.
- Select a manufacturing bin in the Select Location dropdown box.
- Enter the finished good Item number to create and click Go.
- Confirm the item by verifying the Item Desc:
- If the finished good is not a basic item type , enter Lot Number/Serial/Exp. Date
- Select the desired UOM.
- Enter the # of License Plates to be created.
- Enter the Quantity per LP that is expected and click Go.
- The bill of materials will be displayed (as seen in the image above). A closer look at this screen will reveal the quantity needed to create the finished good, the quantity available of the raw material for a particular lot number within the manufacturing bin as well as the quantity used when the finished good is created. A discrepancy between needed versus quantity used is an issue.
- The image below shows that there is not enough quantity of items available. For a user to complete the finished good creation using a manufacturing job, inventory for raw material consumption must be available in the manufacturing staging location at the time of the LP activation.
- In order to create finished goods license plates for the job need to be scanned. To print these license plates for this job, select a printer from the drop down box and enter the number of copies of the license plate you need, or click the Do Not Print box if you wish to print the LP’s later (One way to print LP’s at a later time is to click on the Print LP’s icon on the rugged device) and click Create Job .
- A message will appear stating the job was created successfully.