Outbound Console on the Web Console
The Outbound Console also known as the Order Console is the control center for the picking process. It allows users to manage sales orders, site transfer picks, manufacturing replenishments. After new pick requests are brought in either from the ERP systems, API calls, or CSV import/export, a user can see that orders and other pick requests are imported correctly by examining the Order Console.
The Outbound Console allows a user to see many pieces of information related to pick requests. Below is a list of attributes that can be seen, as well as a brief description of each.
- Order Number
- The Unique Number (can include digits and text) used as identification for sales orders or pick requests.
- Customer PO Number
- The PO Number the customer will use when they request a sales order/pick request. This number can also be used for other reference numbers such as field service jobs or ASN imports.
- Order Type
- The Type of pick request that will be picked. Example: Sales; Transfer; Return; Credit
- The Status used to determine if the sales order has been completed yet. See pick request status below.
- Customer Name
- The customer name, field tech, or warehouse associated with the pick request.
- City Name
- Represents the “Ship To” City
- State Name
- Represents the “Ship To” State
- The Route number that is assigned to the pick request.
- The total weight of the expected product on the pick request.
- Loaded Date
- The date the pick request was loaded in to the WithoutWire system.
- Percent Complete
- The percentage of product on the pick request that has been picked so far.
- The date/time that the pick request final documents were printed.
- The date/time the pick request was exported back to the ERP or exported via API or CSV.
- Scheduled Delivery
- The expected delivery date of the pick request to the customer, manufacturing location, field tech, or warehouse site.
- This is a link that takes you to a separate page for each pick request It has a list of the line items and their quantities. See pick request details below.
Each sales order/pick request is given a status field to allow progress on an order to be tracked. When a pick request is imported, it is assigned a status of “Unassigned.” If Auto Assign Orders is configured, then the picks will be assigned to users automatically, and the status of the pick request will be set to “Waiting to be Picked.” (See Picking Overview for more details on Auto Assign Orders).
Below is a list of the pick request statuses, and what they are used for.
- Needs Review
- This state is the only state that allows picks to be assigned to users. This state will be bypassed if Auto Assign Orders is on.
- Waiting to be Picked
- Picking in Progress
- Once a user opens up a pick request on the handheld and begins to pick product, the pick request will change to this status. If the user makes no changes to the pick request, the status will not be changed and should be put back to Waiting to be Picked.
- Waiting for Export
- Waiting for Shipment
- Once a pick request is picked to completion (could be shorted as well) and staged on the handheld, the pick request will change to this status.
- Typically used for ERP integration to indicate that the pick request is in the process of updating ERP transactional records.
- The pick request is completed.
- The pick request is being processed for cubing, route planning, or containerization (if applicable).
The Order Console allows users to filter pick requests based on a variety of factors. This allows a manager to easily see which picks were completed around a certain time, which picks have yet to be completed, and a many other user defined categories. Below is a list of all the details that can be used to filter pick requests.
- Date Range
- Used to filter the Outbound Console by a date range agains the Scheduled Delivery Date. This is controlled by a “Begin” delivery date and an “End” end date. Users can set either or both to only show orders before a certain date, after a certain date, or between two dates.
- WithoutWire has built in calendars that can be used to visually choose a date, which can be accessed by clicking on the calendar icon next to each field.
- Route (Pick Request Group)
- Filter by a certain route or group. Use the dropdown box to show only one pick request group at a time. Routes can be edited by the System Maintenance/Route Maintenance.
- Order Status
- Users can select a status to view to help gauge the amount of pick requests left in each status.
- If “Unassigned” is selected as the status to filter by, a user can choose which of these pick requests to assign right from the Order Console, without having to navigate to the Picking Assignments Page. Just check the box next to each pick to assign, and click on the Assign button at the bottom of the page.
- Users can enter text to search by as well. The text entered can be searched by one of the following. All pick requests which contain the text in the chosen field will be selected. This allows for a user to filter by all orders that start with “ORD86” or to find all POs with item “BNL90456.” The following can be used with text filters:
- Order Number
- Item Number
- Customer PO Number
- Customer Number
The Outbound Console allows the user to remove any unwanted information from the display grid. This can be done by selecting which columns to see when the console is filtered. Click on Select Columns to bring up a list of columns. Check the box next to a column to add it or remove it from view.
The Outbound Console allows the user to execute 4 different actions from within the console itself. The user has the ability to Assign Orders, Set Routes, Plan Wave Sets and Ship orders from the console. When the user filters on “Unassigned” orders they should see three columns appear in the console. The first column can be used to select one to many orders and assign them to pickers. The second column will allow the user to select one to many orders and assign them to a specific route. The third column will allow the user to select one to many orders and create a wave set order to be picked. If the user filters by orders that are “Waiting to be Picked” they will only see the first two columns. When the user filters on “Picking in Progress” they will only see the first column. To execute the final action the user would filter on “Waiting for Shipment” status. This would allow the user to select one to many orders and process their shipment from the system.
The Outbound Console allows users to view additional information on a separate page for each pick request by clicking the Details link in the View column of the console. The Details page contains a list of the line items and the quantities that have been ordered and picked, along with time and date stamps signifying when the user begin and finished picking each item.
- From this screen the user may also do the following:
- Edit the Route Number
- Edit the Stop Number
- Add a Tracking Number
- Edit the Delivery Date
- View Pick Tickets
- View Final Docs
- Print BOL (Bill of Lading)
- Add Seal Number
- Add Truck Number
- Delete and Re-Import (if ERP integrated)
- This allows the user to delete the pick request and if your system is ERP integrated, then the pick request will be re-imported. If you are using CSV Import/Export or API, then you control whether the pick request is re-imported or not.
- Delete W/O Re-Import (if ERP integrated)
- This allows the user to delete the pick request and set the pick request to NOT reimport from the ERP system.
- Close Without Export
- This allows the user to close the pick request without exporting it back to the ERP, exported to a CSV file, or calling the API to export the pick request.