The Cross-Site Move function is used when you want to move an Item or a License plate from one site to another without the need for a Transfer Order. This process can be committed through both the mobile device as well as the Web Console. Below demonstrates the Cross-Site Move technique through the mobile device. To view how to process a Cross-Site Move through the Web Console see Mass Bin Transfer.
Setting up Cross Site Moves
- To enable Cross Site moves the user will first need to configure multiple sites in the web console. Begin this process by logging into the website and navigating to System Maintenance > Create & Edit Site
- Next select an existing site from the arrow drop down for which you would like to be able to move items too via the cross site moves functionality.
- Below the site address details the user should see 2 check boxes, one of them being “Allow Cross Site Moves to this Site.” Check this box.
- Finally click the Update button to commit and save the change. (see image below)
Process a Cross Site Move (Mobile)
- Begin by tapping the Move Icon from the main menu. Tapping the “<” icon in the upper left corner will return the user to the Main Menu.
- Scan or Enter the LP or item you wish to move. Tap the OK button to continue.
- Scan or Enter in all the required information. For LPs this includes just the location, and for items, it may contain Lot/Date/Serial information, UOM, From Location, Quantity, and To location. After those fields are entered in, the user will then be prompted to select a Site. (see image below)
- Review the information, and if all looks correct, Tap the OK button
- The items will now be in the new inventory location found within the specified site.
NOTE: Item Holds and Bin Transfers
- If you move an item/lot which is on hold into bin with another item/lot that is not on hold, both records keep their status.
- If you move an item/lot which is on hold into a bin where the same item/lot exists, what you move will take that status of what is already there
a. So if the item/lot that is moving was placed on hold and the same item/lot resided in the bin that the ad, it will all be off hold.
b. If the item/lot moving is not on hold and that same item/lot which resides in the bin is on hold, that moved quantity will also be placed on the current hold status.
The inventory status is kept at the bin/item/tracking value level, so for each individual record a different status can be kept. The tracking value is used for item’s that are non-basic like lot, serial, expiration date.